- New 50.1-megapixel (approx., effective) full-frame stacked Exmor RS™ CMOS image sensor in combination with an upgraded BIONZ XR™ imaging processing engine with eight times more processing power[i]
- Blackout- free continuous shooting at up to 30 frames per second[ii]
- Fast sensor readout enables up to 120 AF/AE calculations per second[iii], double the speed of the Alpha 9 II, even during 30fps continuous shooting
- Bright and large 0.64-type 9.44 million-dot (approx.) OLED Quad-XGA electronic viewfinder with the world’s first[iv]refresh rate of 240 fps
- Silent, vibration-free electronic shutter
- World’s first[v] anti-flicker shooting with both mechanical and electronic shutter
- Electronic shutter flash sync[vi] up to 1/200 sec. for the first time in the Alpha™ series
- World’s fastestv mechanical shutter flash sync up to 1/400 sec.
- 8K 30p[vii] 10-bit 4:2:0 XAVC HS video recording with 8.6K oversampling for extraordinary detail and resolution, in addition to 4K 120p[viii] 10-bit 4:2:2 movie shooting capabilities
- Wide dynamic range of 15 stops for stills[ix] and 15+ stops for video[x]
- Improved Real-time Eye AF (autofocus) for humans and animals, and new Real-time Eye AF for birds[xi], as well as Real-time Tracking that automatically maintains accurate focus
- 5-axis optical in-body image stabilization for a 5.5-step[xii] shutter speed advantage
- S-Cinetone color matrix as seen in FX9 and FX6 to deliver expressive cinematic look
- Professional workflow support with the industry’s fastest[xiii] built-in Wi-Fi, SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps, 1000BASE-T Ethernet and more
Sony Adds Groundbreaking Alpha 1 to Its Full-Frame Mirrorless Lineup with 50MP Sensor and 8K Video Recording
Nikon unveiled the latest in their lineup of mirrorless interchangeable-lens cameras: the APS-C format Nikon Z 50. With a 20.3MP sensor (just a tad smaller than the one found in the D500 DSLR), this camera boasts an impressive array of features. Also new (which hearkens back to Nikon's heyday in camera-dom) is the Nikkor Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens - a lens for all you night owls with a Z-series camera. Here are more details, per Nikon.
Nikon Z 50 DX Mirrorless Camera and NIKKOR Z DX Lenses Highlights:
News & Views
TOPICS may include...
- how-to (mini instructional guides) in various photographic disciplines
- complaints regarding products/services
IMPORTANT - Please Read
We reserve the right to edit comments for content or length. We are not liable for content in original or edited form. No compensation is forthcoming for contributions. Contributed material will be used at our discretion. We are not liable for any subsequent use of contributed material. By contributing or reading this content, you understand and agree to the above.
All products and services are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Use or mention of any product or service is not an endorsement - compensated or otherwise.
However, manufacturers, distributors, vendors & services may provide products or services for use.
Your purchase and/or use of any product or service tested, reviewed, listed or mentioned is solely at your discretion and you release us from any and all liability associated with such purchase and/or use.