- Newly developed 20.2 megapixel 35mm Full Frame Canon CMOS sensor;
- Continuous shooting speeds of up-to-14 frames per second (fps) with Auto Exposure (AE) and predictive AF for viewfinder shooting and up to 16 fps1 in Live View mode;
- Dual DIGIC 6+ Image Processors that transfer image data at extremely high speed for extended bursts during continuous shooting – up-to-170 consecutive RAW images at 14 fps. When shooting JPEG images you’re only limited by memory card capacity;
- Capable of shooting 4K 60P and Full HD 120P video with Dual Pixel CMOS AF;
- Enhanced wireless functionality (with the optional accessory Wireless File Transmitter WFT-E8) that supports the new high-speed IEEE 802.11ac standard and the ability to easily transfer photos and videos to compatible smartphones using Canon’s Camera Connect app;
- Digital Lens Optimizer to help correct aberrations in-camera (a feature that previously required post-processing on an external computer);
- Improved 61-point viewfinder AF with expanded coverage and all AF-points selectable and supported to a maximum aperture of f/8;
- Improved AI Servo III+ predictive AF algorithm for better accuracy;
- Continuous red illumination of all AF points within the camera’s Intelligent Viewfinder II.
- Compatibility with both CF and CFast memory cards for optimal performance and versatility.
- As with all EOS-1D series cameras, the EOS-1D X Mark II’s rugged construction and magnesium alloy body is weather resistant.
The following is excerpted from a Canon press release on the company's flagship DSLR...
The new flagship Canon EOS-1D X Mark II features several firsts for EOS cameras including:
The estimated retail price for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark II is $5999 (MSRP) for the body or $6299 for the Premium Kit which includes a 64 GB CFast memory card and card reader. The new camera is scheduled to begin shipping to authorized Canon USA dealers in April 2016***. For more information and the full list of product specifications, visit: usa.canon.com/EOS1DXMarkII
News & Views
TOPICS may include...
- how-to (mini instructional guides) in various photographic disciplines
- complaints regarding products/services
IMPORTANT - Please Read
We reserve the right to edit comments for content or length. We are not liable for content in original or edited form. No compensation is forthcoming for contributions. Contributed material will be used at our discretion. We are not liable for any subsequent use of contributed material. By contributing or reading this content, you understand and agree to the above.
All products and services are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Use or mention of any product or service is not an endorsement - compensated or otherwise.
However, manufacturers, distributors, vendors & services may provide products or services for use.
Your purchase and/or use of any product or service tested, reviewed, listed or mentioned is solely at your discretion and you release us from any and all liability associated with such purchase and/or use.